Funding Received 2022-23 £21,370
The government provides additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is allocated to primary school headteachers in line with the number of pupils in their school.
This money is spent to improve PE teaching, raise participation, increase understanding of healthy living and link PE with other curriculum subjects.
- Sports Premium 2021-22
- Sports Premium 2022-23
- Sports Premuim 2019-20
- Sports Premuim 2020-21
At Manor Community Primary School, sport and PE is something that we are very proud of. Our children receive specialist PE coaching from qualified coaches. In order to raise standards and improve our PE provision we are using the sports funding in the following ways:
- Developing staff expertise in teaching dance and gymnastics, the impact for the pupils will be they will develop their confidence through focused well planned lessons
- Continue to provide quality coaches for teaching some PE lessons and after school clubs across the school
- Increased participation in competitions and tournaments. Impact for the pupils will be that they will develop their team building skills and also confidence in all areas of the curriculum
- Purchase additional resources.
The impact of the funding will be measured by:
- An increased number of children participating in sport and PE including links to local clubs and organisations
- A deeper understanding of the new expectations of the Primary PE curriculum.