Manor Community Primary School follows the Kent Country Council admissions criteria.
By law, children have to start school by the beginning of the school term after their fifth birthday (this is when they reach compulsory school age).
The local authority’s policy is to encourage schools to admit four year olds so that as many children as possible will have at least eight terms in Key Stage 1. The decision on whether or not to admit four year olds is made and reviewed annually by the Head of School and in consultation with the Governors.
The number of places available is determined by the physical capacity of the school and is called the ‘Agreed Admissions number’. Our published admissions number is 90. The LA, in consultation with the Executive Head and Head of School, may set a higher figure for a particular year group. The law gives parents the right to state a preference for any school, but not automatic choice. If your preference is Manor Community Primary School, a place will be offered if there are vacancies. In 2020 / 2021 if the school is over-subscribed, the following criteria will be taken into account in the order listed below:
- Children in the care of Kent County Council.
- Current Family Association (sibling link)
- Health and Special Access Reasons
- Nearness of children’s homes and ease of access to schools ‘using the distance between the child’s permanent address and the school, measured in a straight line using ordnance survey address point data.
The determined admissions arrangements will remain the same for the 2020 / 2021 academic years.
How old should your child be when they start school?
A school year runs from 1st September in one calendar year to 31st August in the next, so children who will reach compulsory school age during the school year 2021 / 2022 are those born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017.
Primary school application procedure:
- All parents wishing to apply for their child to start school in September 2021 can do so from Thursday 5th November 2020.
- You can apply online or fill out a paper application form – these are available from Kent primary schools or by using a standard paper form known as the Reception Common Application Form (RCAF).
- Information about schools in Kent can be found in the Primary Admissions Booklet 2020
- The deadline for all applications is 15th January 2021.
- All parents who have applied will be sent a letter posted first class on 16th April 2021, to tell them which school they have been offered. If a parent has applied online they will also receive an email after 4pm on the same day.
If your child is due to start primary school in September 2021 you can appeal between 16th April -17 May 2021 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 16 July 2021. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 schools days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 schools days of the appeals being lodged.
Below is a video of our Reception children showing some of the activities during their daily routine.
Applying for an in-year admission
If your child is already at school and you wish to apply for a school place outside the year of entry (for example, a year 1 or 2 place) please refer to Kent’s in-year admission page for information.
Our nursery has places for children from the term after their 3rd birthday, offering 15 hour morning or afternoon sessions and a limited number of places for 30 hour sessions, all places are offered for 38 weeks per year.
15 Hours Free Childcare (34 places) - Mon to Fri 8.30am - 11.30am or Mon to Fri 12.15pm - 3.15pm
30 Hours Free Childcare (9 places) - Mon - Thurs 8.45am - 3.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 11.30am